Pages

Friday, September 5, 2014

Airspeed Horsa Glider - Old Glory - BFF005


'Allo 'Allo

I had completely forgot to post anything about this project >.<

I friend of mine recently asked me if I could paint this new Glider he had bought for his FoW Airborne army. I thought sure, since he just wanted me to do the basecoat and camo, and he would do all the detail work himself. This was before I realised this wasn't in 1:144 as the normal planes used for FoW, but in 1:100, which makes this plane fairly large and quite unhandy

Beside being quite big it also came without any assembly instruction and some fairly bad resin cast errors. Took a few days of filling and sanding and I still didn't manage to fill everything...just got so tired of this that I decided to just start painting.

The Firefly is just there for sizing comparison 









Even though this plane was a pain to build it was quite enjoyable to paint! and I think it turned out ok. As mentioned above I was only 'hired' (tricked) to do the camo work etc. and I'm very much looking forward to seeing how this thing turns out when my mate is finished with it.

Will try to get some pictures of the finished plane when it's ready :)








The Best thing about this build is that my mate now owes me beer for life! :-D


That's it for now, back to painting my Krokodil and Deathstroke!


Chris







No comments:

Post a Comment